Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yanchep, WA

Yesterday I went to Yanchep National Park. It was beautiful! I got to see several koalas hanging out in the trees, some black parrots and other birds, and some kangaroos! We also took a tour in Crystal Cave. I took lots of pictures and planned on uploading them to Facebook last night when I was at Jan’s but didn’t get around to it. I forgot that I had uploaded some pictures from Bali last weekend and when I got to Jan’s I started uploading pictures from Bali and it took about 45 min and then I realized I had already uploaded them. UGH. I was so frustrated with myself! By that time, it was getting late and we had to get home so I guess I’ll have to get my pictures organized this week and give it another go next weekend. Back to Yanchep, I went with Erin and Catherine and then Erin’s host family picked us up and we went to a festival nearby. They had lots of food, games, booths with cute things to buy, and music. There were lots of kids around and it was a beautiful night. The weather is starting to cool down and it was actually quite chilly last night.
This morning I went to church at Kingsley Church of Christ again. I really like it there and that will be one of the places I miss the most. I have made some great friendships and am so thankful for those people. After church some of the people from SPLAT (my bible study – Share, Pray, Listen and Talk) went to Joondalup to the shopping center to eat at the food court. Australians know that Sunday should be a day of rest and there are not many places open on Sunday so the mall was a good option to find good food! I got some Thai food and it was pretty good. After that Brittni and I looked around to see if there were any nice dresses. I am looking for one to wear at Leah’s wedding coming up in May and I thought it would be cool to get one from here. Too bad the prices are so high! Seriously, I picked up a shirt that I thought would be $30 at the most and it was $85!! That was just a shirt. The dresses are well over $150 for just a sun dress. I can’t imagine what it would cost to buy a formal dress here! After that I came home and Catie and I went for a little run around the oval (field) at the neighborhood park. Then we came back to go for a swim and get some sun! My book is starting to get really good and I while I am happy that I have a busy schedule here I wish I could have some more down time to finish it so I can start on the next one! I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I have the 2nd and 3rd one in my closet to read while I am here. Aunt Cyndie, I think one of them is yours – don’t worry I’ll take good care of it and now your book is a world traveler!
I don’t know if I have mentioned this before but one of the girls in my class had nits (lice) a few weeks ago. Since I found that out my head has been itching but I didn’t know if it was just a mental thing or if I had it too. Catie checked my head today and said she saw nothing so that was a relief! This morning I got to skype with my wonderful, beautiful, sweet, kind loving little sister – ANNA BETH!! … and peter and mama. Haha jk Pete and Moms, glad I got to see you twos! Anyway, it was great getting to see AB. She is getting so much older and I could tell a maturity in her since I left only 2 months ago! I also got a thoughtful card from her last week sometime and it was the highlight of my day!
Starting week 7 tomorrow! We have the swimming carnival on Wednesday – say prayers for Green Faction! Word around the staff room lets me know we aren’t really the best faction athletically.
Hope all of you are having a wonderful spring break and since most of you will have heaps of free time I should have skype dates scheduled quite often! I understand most of you will be at the beach but if you are bored or if you’re up late having a blast in the condo or something let me know and I’d love to join the party! :)
I got a great text today from my wonderful friends, Allison and Hannah, and it was great to hear from them! All I have to say is “B-B-B- Benny and the Jets” Great times! Love you girls!
John 16:22

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend Kath!! Time seems to really flying by and now you are under 40 days from home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for my book to be a world traveler! I loved that series. We have the movies if you ever want to borrow them when you get home.
    Sounds like lots of good times there. Can't wait to see photos of everything. Love you!
    Aunt Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddy - 38 days left! I can not even believe that!

    Aunt Cyndie - I am hooked! Someone was talking about the movies the other day and I didnt even know they had movies! I will have to watch them after I finish the series!

    ReplyDelete