Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top 3 Favourites

Today we had parent interviews and I loved it! I really liked being able to sit in on the conferences and meet all the parents. Lots of them had compliments to throw my way which was nice! Connie had to remind me not to get a big head about it! One of the moms said that her daughter told me I was in her "top 3 favourite  teachers at the school but she didn't really know if I counted since I wasn't a real teacher yet" :) Anyway, it was a great day because the kids left at ten after 12 and then we had a nice lunch break and now we are done with the interviews. Kerrie Anne has a few more left so I decided to write in this while I waited on her.

Tonight I am going to Brittni and Ash's for dinner. They are such a cute couple and I am looking forward to dinner and bible study tonight. I think there will be some other people there from church that I haven't met yet so I that will be good to meet some more Aussies.

Earlier today I was talking to Connie about it being Ash Wednesday and we would call yesterday 'Fat Tuesday' She said that they call it Pancake Tuesday. Also I told her about Mardi Gras and back home we used to have King Cake at school and a everyone would wear purple, green and gold to celebrate. She said that Mardi Gras here is a celebration of the gay population. They have a parade and a big party but only the gays or gay supporters participate in it. She said that it is much bigger in Sydney but they have a smaller version in Perth.

I hope all is well at home! I got to skype with one of my best mates, Lauren this morning and luckily Amanda came home just as I was about to get off! I've been emailing her quite often but it was nice to see her! If anyone else wants to skype, please send me an email and we can set it up! Also, the phone thing really isn't that expensive. I put $10 on it two and half weeks ago and I still have minutes left!

Please continue to send me emails and comments to let me know how everything is going back home! I pray for y'all all the time and I can't wait to see you in just 6 short weeks!

1 John (cant remember the exact verse from this morning but I remember it was from this book)

No comments:

Post a Comment