Monday, March 14, 2011

Time flies...

Sorry I didn't post anything last night. Not too much happened yesterday except that I realized that my time here is going very quickly. I only have 5 weekends left so Catie and I sat down last night to plan out what we still have left to do. I hope we can get it all accomplished by the time we leave. I have less than 40 days left, it seems like just yesterday I was on that 14-hour flight to get here!

Yesterday we had a faction meeting and I learned that Green Faction won the Swimming Carnival last year so I hope we can win again this year! That will be tomorrow and I am so pumped about it!

I started emailing my resume out to some principals yesterday. If any of you know of any job openings please let me know because I am looking for something to do when I get home. I originally wanted to go to Graduate School but I have not heard back so I don't think that is happening. I would like to get a job anywhere that I can, so please let me know if there are any openings that you know of!

When I got home from school yesterday Tracy had a beautiful letter waiting for me on the counter. It was from my all time bestie ALICE!! I was thrilled to see it and I read it about 5 times throughout the evening. She has been such a wonderful friend since high school and I am so happy that we are still so close. Alice, I plan on writing you a letter back so be on the lookout!

Hope everyone is enjoying a happy and safe spring break! You will probably be about as tan as me by the time I get home because it is starting to cool down here and warm up over there! Much love!

Matthew 7:7

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen! Hope things are going well. It sounds like you are staying busy and trying to squeeze in as much as possible while you are there - smart girl! When I read that you were sending out resumes I couldn't help but flash back to Dolly Ridge Road when I first say you as a baby - yikes, time flies! Do you want to come teach in Atlanta? We could use some great teachers here.

    Am in Newnan tonight - my mom spent the weekend in Atlanta and I brought her back this afternoon. I am working in our Newnan office tomorrow so it worked out perfectly. She is doing fine but is so anxious to go back to Miami. We prefer her to stay in Georgia but I have a feeling she is going to win the battle - at least for now.

    Brandon turned 21 yesterday. I sent him a text asking how his first day being legal was and he replied it was great and he ordered a beer at Outback - he didn't say he drank it, but he definitely ordered it! He and his girlfriend, Courtney, went to Florida for Spring Break with about 15 others. They have done this trip for the last 2 breaks and had a great time. I don't mind saying that I would love to have a Spring Break this year........

    Take care and keep telling us all about your adventures. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina-I don't know how these kids keep getting so old!! The title of this blog post is very true!
    Kath, I hope you sent one to the principal in vestavia where you worked for a couple of weeks. You still may want to touch base with notre dame also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath I'm so glad you got my letter!!! I was worried it wouldn't make it!! And that little shout out brought tears to my eyes... They miss looking at your face!! I LOVE YOU BESTIE!!

    ReplyDelete