Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scarborough Beach

We did not end up going on the boat today but it turned out to be a wonderful day. Tracy, Monique and I went to church and it really hit me that I will miss that church family a lot when I go home. I have gotten to know so many of them and I enjoy their company. Today the reading was on John 13 which is about Jesus washing the feet. The pastor talked about love and the meaning that that word holds. He talked about how it is a choice that you make and should not always be based on feelings. He explained that when you truly love someone that means you will do anything for them just as Jesus gave His life for us, because he loved us so much. The washing of the feet was supposed to be a job for the lowest ranking person in the house or a servant of the house. When Jesus got down to wash their feet they didn’t want Him to do that because that meant He was lower than they were. But He saw it as a way to serve the ones He loved and to show them how much He loved them. There were more things that he talked about, but that was the main thing that I got out of it.  
After church I talked with my friends for a bit but then I went out to eat lunch with Monique and Tracy. We went to a Japanese restaurant called Yum Cha that served Dim Sum. It was very interesting because the way they serve you is that you sit at a table with a ticket on it and the people walk around with trays full of food and you say yes or no. If you want what they have you take a plate of it and they put a little tick on your ticket to show what you have eaten. They were constantly circling the restaurant and bringing out tons of food. It was pretty good food and was very filling!
After lunch I went down to get Catie and we walked to the bus stop. We took the bus to the train station and then went to Scarborough beach. It was absolutely beautiful but it is also one of the most dangerous beaches in Perth because of the high winds and the strong under toe. It was probably the most fun I have ever had the beach because it was awesome playing the waves and body surfing. They were the highest waves I have been in and I know I will be sore tomorrow. At one point it was a little scary because it took us out past the yellow and red flags and you are supposed to always stay in between the flags for safety. But thankfully we got back to shore safely. When we tried to lay out it was not so fun because the wind was so strong it would blow sand in your face. But all in all, it was a beautiful day and I am so glad that it turned out to be such a fun day. When we were ready to leave we had about 45 minutes before our bus came so we decided to go to a restaurant on the beach to have a beer. OMG, it was the best beer I have ever had. It was called Matso’s Mango Beer. It is brewed here in the state of Western Australia in a city called Broome. I normally do not like beer at all and I think it is because the beer we get in America is just not good. Ha, Australian beer is so much better!
I am so happy and blessed to be able to go to the beach pretty much every weekend and enjoy God’s beautiful creation. He is so wonderful and I am so thankful that He is challenging me everyday to grow closer to Him.
Hope everyone has a great week back at school! Only 4 more weeks for me and I don’t want it to end!
John 13: 1-17

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day Kath! Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and miss you!! I emailed your auburn email did you get it? do you have another adress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you both so much! Pete, I dont reckon I got it but Ill check again. Did you send it to keb0006@tigermail.auburn.edu? I do have a gmail acct but I rarely check it. Its kaybame@gmail.com Less than a month to go! Love you!

    ReplyDelete