Friday, March 11, 2011

Boot Camp

So this week instead of going our usual walk around the lake, Catie and I have been doing Boot Camp. Jason is her host dad and he used to be in the Army so he has been giving us a work out in the afternoons. I have been worn out when we are done! He’s a really nice guy and doesn’t seem like he would be strict on what to do for workouts but when we complain he will double it or tell us to keep running or something. I mean, it’s all in good fun and he is not pushing us to where we are dying or anything but he pushes us enough to get a good workout. He has this thing on his iPod called the Beep Test where you have to run to one side of the yard and wait for the beep and then run to the other side and wait for the beep. The time between beeps is a lot at the beginning and then as you complete levels it gets faster and faster to where you are doing full on sprints. I did it last week and got up to level 8 or something like that but it was hard as. Today we did it and we had to negotiate with him to let us stop at level 6. I think the highest level is 15 or something like that. Apparently, to enter the women’s police force here you have to get through level 11. So that has been really good to do each afternoon before dinner.
Not too much happened at school today. I had a laugh during class and I couldn’t really stop. Ha, they were building towers to see who could build the tallest one. Owain and James figured out that you need to have a good base around it to keep it up. John looked at theirs and said to his group, “oh, guys let’s copy them!” And then Owain looked at me and said, “Miss Boehme, they are copying us!” Then John said, “no we’re not! We are not.” Then he turned to his group and whispered, “Alazer, hurry and build the base like theirs” I just lost it! Thankfully, they didn’t think I was laughing at them and didn’t get their feelings hurt. They just all kind of laughed with me.
Right now I am watching Bring It On with Monique and it is bringing back so many memories of when I watched this movie literally every day. Once when we were in Chattanooga Carly, Cody, Peter and I watched it one night and then after it was over Peter said, “Let’s watch it again” So we did! Haha! Go Toro’s!!
Tomorrow I am going to the National Park so I hope to have lots of photos and be able to upload them tomorrow night when we go to Jan’s for dinner!
Galatians 5:25

3 comments:

  1. Heeeey KathLeeeeen! I agree it is so hard to comment when things are so busy. Spring is in the Air and we move clocks forward one hour this weekend. that means we will be closer to you. Can you feel the LOVE tonight? things sound Awesome what a great summer you must be having.
    The Kids start Spring break today and will be going to MS without me. hopefully i will have lots of time on my hands to comment since no one else will.

    Peace and Love Peace and Love

    Uncle D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know you're not alone...Carly and I are training for a half marathon in April! It's tough but I think we can do it.
    We are with you in spirit and we feel your pain. I think level 6 is awesome!
    Love you!
    Aunt Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle D -- I bet you will be missing the kids while they are off in Miss. But yes, that will give you more time to leave comments and make me laugh! :)

    Aunt Cyndie - that sounds hard! I dont know if I could do that! Props to you two! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete