Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful

First off I'd like to say that last night at SPLAT tennis was awesome! I have been in this bible study with people that are approaching their 30s which isn't that much older than me but I was very happy to see someone closer to my age last night. His name is BT and he is the new Youth Minister intern at the church. I met him once before at church a few weeks ago but haven't seen him since then. He asked me to come help him with a youth group activity tomorrow night at the church and I don't have any other plans so I am going and I think it will be a lot of fun. Don't know if there will be any more early-twenties people but there will be lots of high schoolers! Ill have to let you know how it goes!

Today was a good school day and we had a special visitor at school. His name was Brett I think and he was smokin' hott! He was an Aussie Rules Football player at Subiaco and he came to talk to the kids about joining a footy team. When I came here I was expecting to see lots of hott Australian guys like the one from that movie, The Last Song. Honestly, they have been few and far between, most of them have mullets or rat tails. But today, Brett was pretty cute! The kids loved him and got his autograph even though he isn't famous at all. I think its like a club football thing or something so its not actually AFL.

Tonight I went out to dinner with Kerri-Anne and her brother. We had a great time and lots to talk about because he studied in America for about 10 months a few years ago. I am so thankful for all the people that I have met and I feel blessed to have made these friends. I hope to keep in touch with them for years to come!

I have titled this entry as thankful because I truly am so thankful for everything that has happened since I have been here. I have learned so much about teaching and about life in general. I have learned what it means to be a true friend and to have a true friend. I have realized the importance of spending time with someone and the fact that the little things to us could sometimes mean something way more to someone else. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from my freshman year Auburn Experience binder:

The greatest gift you can ever give anyone is your time. It is the most precious aspect of your life. --Margaret Carter

I won't get all emo on you now but I think that quote says it all. Time can be a very precious thing to all of us but I think it is more important to invest your time in the people that you care about rather than the work that you do or the job that you have. Thank you all so much for showing me love and support, you have no idea what it means to me and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Joshua 1:5

3 comments:

  1. It's about time you got to see a smokin' hot aussie! So glad you are taking full advantage of all there is to see and do and all the great people there are to get to know there. I am thankful for you!
    Love you,
    Aunt Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that quote!!! SO glad that we got to skype this morning! It was SO so great to see your face and chat! Made my day! I hope you are having a fabulous Friday! Can't wait to hear how your church outing goes with BT :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for those 'smokin hot aussies'!!!

    ReplyDelete