Sunday, March 27, 2011

Perth City Festival

Every Friday night in March the city of Perth has lots of food stands set up and street entertainers performing downtown. Catie and I met Erin there on Friday for dinner and I am so glad we went. They just have it open from 5 to 8 and it was a lot of fun going into the city. I have been there once before when we went searching for that Mexican restaurant but this time we went when it was still daylight and got to see more of the city. I saw the famous Bell Tower and it changes colors at night. It looks much bigger on postcards but it was still very pretty. I also saw
London Court
which reminded me of London, imagine that! It was just a little side street downtown that had that England type architecture and lots of little shops, too bad were there after they closed. Hope to go back sometime during the day so have a look around. We saw a street entertainer that did a juggling show. He was probably the funniest guy I know, besides Peter, of course. But yea, he was hilarious and I was laughing so hard at his jokes as he was performing. At the end he asked a volunteer (actually it was Erin) to put him in a straight jacket and he would get out of it in one minute. So before we started the timer he said we would count to 3 and then say go. He said, if you aren’t from here, this is how you count to 3 in French…Chinese... those were both legit then he said, this is how you count if you are from America, 1….another one…..a bunch. This is how you count if you are Roman I….I, I…. I, I, I. haha that was my fav, get it, like Roman numerals?! He had tons of jokes up his sleeve! His name was Bruce. A few times he was juggling he dropped them at the beginning and I felt like calling out from the crowd, “You can do it Bruce-y!” for those of you who have seen Matilda, I hope you are laughing right now!
That was pretty much my day. Oh and another thing they say a little differently is ‘short sighted’ and ‘long sighted’ instead of near and far when talking about vision.
1 Corinthians 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment