Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cottesloe Beach

This weekend has been a lot of fun already and its only Sat-night! Let’s see, yesterday I went to the church for the youth group activity night. We played Minute to Win It and there was a pretty good crowd there. There were probably 7 leaders and 28 to 30 high school students. I was really glad that I went and after that we went to McDonald’s with the other leaders. I am happy that I making Aussie friends but I know it will be hard to leave because I have really enjoyed getting to know them the past couple of months. I was talking to a girl about how I miss Dr Pepper because they don’t have it here and she said, “What is that? Oh, is that what Nick Jonas drinks? I went through a phase where I seriously thought I was going to marry him so I learned everything about him.” haha
Today Catie, Catherine and I went to Cottesloe Beach. During the month of March they have been having a sculpture display on the beach with over 50 sculptures placed in the sand. Some of them were really cool but others really different and I guess if you have that ‘artist eye’ you would see the talent in it. Cottesloe has been my favorite place in Perth so far. We had lunch at the Ocean Beach Hotel and I got a chicken kebab! It was more of a wrap with grilled chicken, lettuce, hummus and a garlic dressing. It was de-lish-us!! The beach was probably one of the prettiest beaches I have been to. The sand was really soft and the weather was beautiful.
Tonight Jane, Jason and the kids (the family that Catie lives with) came over to hang out and Catherine is here too. Catherine is spending the night and we are hoping to do something fun tomorrow. We planned on going to Seal Island but the skipper hasn’t gotten back to us so I don’t know if we’ll end up going because we need the boat to get there. I only have 4 more weekends left and I know I say this like every post but I seriously cannot believe how fast it is going by!
I am sure most of you have heard about Mary Beth Goodner, the Auburn student who passed away during Spring Break. I remember meeting her freshmen year because she was friends with some of the girls that lived on my hall but I didn’t really know her personally. She comes from a family of 7 and her father passed away a few years ago from cancer. Please keep her family in your prayers that they will find peace and comfort in this time of confusion and tragedy.
Much love
1 Corinthians 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment