Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Green Faction is First!

YAY!! GREEN FACTION CAME IN FIRST PLACE!!

I am so knacked!! Today was exhausting, but lots of fun! It was very close all day between blue and green faction but in the end, we pulled it off! I was so proud of them and they were so excited. All of the factions did really great and they all enjoyed themselves, I think. Next week we start swimming lessons and we will go to the pool for two hours each afternoon for weeks 8 and 9. Usually they have swimming lessons for two weeks and then the carnival at the end to show off their new skills but the deputy (asst. principal) couldn't get the pool booked after swimming lessons so we had to plan it before the lessons. It turned out to be a good day though! I picked up on some new things out there. When the teachers are trying to get the students attention outside they say, "Oy!" I guess it comes from the the cheer "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oy, Oy, Oy"  "When someone is talking about someone that they know nothing about they say, "I don't know him from a bar of soap".

Right now, I am sitting in my classroom ready to go home because I am so exhausted. I am still going to bible study tonight and we are playing tennis instead of having the usual gathering at Brit and Ash's place. I am not really a good tennis player but I said I would give it a go! Tomorrow night I am going out to eat with Kerri-Anne and her brother for St. Patrick's Day and I am looking forward to that. He studied in the US for 9 months a few years ago so I think we will have lots to talk about with study abroad experiences and such.

Hope everyone is enjoying beautiful weather for spring break! Peace, love and Go Green!

Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they are dyslexic and they mean to say "Yo!" I am also knacked that green won!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah knacked means tired/exhausted/worn out. Cracks me up! Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete