Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Bloody Teachers

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We are running out of GB on the Internet at home and I tried to post it on Tracy's laptop but I guess it didn't work. No worries though, nothing too exciting happened yesterday. They kids were being naughty and would not listen to me or Connie. Hopefully today will be a lot better. Alazer came up to me yesterday after lunch and said, "Miss Boehme, Layla said something rude about you and Ms. Pintaudi" I said, "Well, what did she say" He whispered, "She said, 'the bloody teachers'."  I wanted to laugh but I knew this was very serious. I called Layla out in the wet area and I said, "Layla, do you have something you want to tell me? Are you mad at me or something?" She got very defensive and said, "No, its not like I said the F word or anything!" I said, "well, what is bothering you that you had to say what you said?" She said, "well I really need to go to the toilet and I know I'm not supposed to go right now but I didn't get to go at lunch and I'm busting" Then I said, "if you would have asked me like that the first time I would have let you go. But before, you came up to me shouting and screaming in my face to let you go. You should always ask politely if you need to go." So she asked me politely and went and then like 20 minutes later I was doing a lesson with them and she says, "Miss Boehme, you are brilliant!" I was taken aback and I said, "Layla, just 20 minutes ago you were mad at me now you're hugging me and telling me I'm brilliant?" She just smiled and said, "yea, I know" haha

Another thing about Alazer, he came up to me and asked if we were allowed to chew gum in the school and I said no I didn't think so. Then he said that Danny had some gum. I told Danny to spit it out and he turned to Alazer and said, "Alazer, you said you wouldn't tell" haha little children always dobbing (tattle tale).

I also went to bible study last night. It was really good and I am so thankful to have met these people! God is good......all the time. All the time......God is good. Oh the good ol' OLV days with Father Ray!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday night! Since I am in the future I can tell you that Thursday is a beautiful day with gorgeous weather!

1 Peter 1:8-9

3 comments:

  1. Why does the one kid in the class that has to say bad things about the teacher have to be named "Layla".....she's undeserving of the name! I hope she redeems herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leila, that is too funny! No worries, she is not a bad reflection on you! Kathleen, hope you are having a marvelous time in Bali, you lucky girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leila -- the good thing is that she spells it wrong!

    Thanks Aunt Cyndie! Ill get a post card tomorrow to send you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete