Thursday, March 10, 2011

Faction Marshall

Today was a pretty normal day at school. John came in for another visit and filled out some paperwork that I had to fax to the COE at Auburn. It is amazing that I can send something through a fax machine to the other side of the world and it comes out in HC 3464. I just think so much of technology is so crazy! Like text messages. This morning I got an email from my roommate back in Auburn. She had some wonderful news that she is now engaged!! I am so happy for her and Mark and I know they are just made for each other! Anyway, as soon as I got the email I texted Alice to see if the candle light had happened yet, she said they had just started chapter so it was coming! But, yea so I think it is so cool that I could send her that text message from the other side of the world and she could text me back immediately! 
Yesterday at school we had a staff meeting and I was appointed Faction Marshall for the swimming carnival next week! We have swimming lessons for all the kids in week 8 and 9 and I am looking forward to that. But next week, week 7 we have a swimming carnival where all the students compete in swimming events. Every student and teacher is put into a faction or team. We have green, gold, red and blue. I am in green faction and I hope we win on Wednesday! I’ll keep you posted on what happens. It should be a fun day because we spend the whole day at the pool!
Tonight we had dinner at Tracy’s aunt and uncle’s house. They reminded me of Sittie and Giddie and it really made me miss the family at home. We had a delicious meal and good family time. Tracy’s cousin Peter and his two sons came over as well. The boys are called Jackson and Thomas (they don’t really say, ‘their name is …’). Another thing that they say a lot over here is “cheeky”. When a kid is being cheeky, it means they are being silly or like a smart alec. The kids at school are always being cheeky, especially the little boys.
I have to be honest you guys are getting lazy with the comments and emails. I know it’s almost spring break time but I look forward to hearing from ya! Come on mate!
Peace and blessings, peace and blessings!
Psalm 18:30

3 comments:

  1. Kath, I was talking to someone the other day how amazed I was at technology after we skyped when you were in Bali. Perfect reception, halfway around the globe. FOR FREE!! We even have new verbs like 'skyped'!! So, what is a 'faction Marshall?' like a coach or referee?

    'cheeky' reminds me of Austin Powers. You cheeky monkey you

    G'day mate!! Do they say that too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison was telling everyone at the candlelight that she emailed you to let you know, but that she wasn't sure if you had gotten her email yet. I told her that you had, because you texted me to see if we had done it yet- and she was SOO excited! You do so well keeping up with us, even halfway around the world!
    Good luck with the swimming! AOII won swimming last week! Woop woop!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddy- I know it is really amazing! I think Faction Marshall means that I am just one of the people in charge to make sure everyone get to thier event on time. We had a meeting today about it and I am really excited!

    Alice - I am so glad that you were able to relay that information! Feel free to give out my number if anyone wants it, its only 30 cents to send a text! Yay! So happy we are #1 in Swimming! Go Pandas!

    ReplyDelete