Friday, February 25, 2011

War Eagle!

Today was awesome! Peter Ryan comes to teach on Fridays and I love it because it is something different and its a bit more easier for me! Today the kids were doing a science lesson on gravity and they got to build their own game using marbles and other random things, anyway, it was so fun watching them build these games and experiment within their groups to find out the best game. Danny's group was him, Levi, and James and the game was called Mouse Trap of the First Century. Danny came up with the game name and pretty much all the rules. Ha it was so cute! I had a lot of fun observing them make these games and talking with them about their games. Then later that day they were making paper aeroplanes. I think its funny they still say airport but they don't say airplane. Also at school today, Jade came up to me and was looking at my earrings, they were the ones that say 'love' on them that have the birds on them, anyway, she said,"Your earrings say love." And I said, "yes, they do." She said, "I love you....but just as a friend. I love you as a friend only." haha it was precious. At the end of the day we were all saying good bye and someone said "Bye Danny, see you on Monday" and he said, "Bye, you may not see me until Tuesday though, I think I'll be going fishing on Monday!"

After school, Kerri-Anne and I went to the shops to get some things for the BBQ that we had tonight. It was so much fun! I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did tonight since I have been here. There were about 20 or 22 people there and it was so much fun! I really love this staff and love the fact that they are all such good friends outside of school as well. Also, one of the teacher's boyfriend was there and he is American and grew up in Destin, FL. I told him I go to Auburn and he said, "War Eagle! Go Tigers!" It has been at least a month since I have heard those beautiful words and I was smiling from ear to ear! They also told me lots of things about Bali and what to expect when I go there next weekend. The kids have Indonesian for LOTE (language other than English) class and the Indonesian teacher was there and she was telling me all about Bali because she has been there so many times! She said Americans don't know how to barter and that is what you have to do over there so she said she would help me practice before I went so I am not spending a fortune! Also she said that the Saturday that I will be there is Nyepi Day which is like the Balinese New Year and it is a day of silence! They all said it will be an experience for me because everything shuts down and it is quiet and dark there but since we are staying in a 4 star hotel they will have stuff for us to do in the hotel. I will have to let you all know how that goes!

Well it is 20 after 1 AM and I am super tired! I think I am going to the beach tomorrow. It is supposed to be 38 all weekend and maybe even get to be 39 or 40! That is like close to 100 degrees if not more!! Perth has the highest rate for skin cancer! Don't worry - I always wear lots of sunscreen! Also everyone is saying that this weather is not very normal because it has been humid and muggy. They say it is more of a dry heat here but lately I have just been sweating so much because of the humidity! The beach tomorrow should be nice!

And did y'all know that hot cross buns are actually real? Maybe I am just ignorant of that but I thought it was just a song on the piano! Today at the bakery they were selling hot cross buns, I got a chocolate croissant instead but I will def go back for one soon! And there was a famous basketball player from AL that came to play for the Perth Wilcats named James Crawford. His nickname was the Alabama Slammer so I have been hearing lots about him from some of the guys I have met here, mainly older guys because I think it was a while ago. That was a little random but I have been meaning to say it for awhile and I just remembered!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Next week is March!

1 Thessalonians 5:18

3 comments:

  1. Only for you, Kathleen Boehme, would I respond to a post that is titled "War Eagle" - sheesh! Anyway, I am thrilled, but not at all surprised, that your evaluation was over the top good. You are awesome!

    Just for your info, James Crawford was born in AL but did not play for AL. And, I guess he is "older" because he was born in 1960. I guess that makes me "older" and your dad "really older" - ha!

    Things are good here - very busy so I am looking forward to the weekend. It sounds like yours got off to a great start with a bar-b-que. The weekends do tend to fly by so Danny may have the right idea about taking Monday off to fish....or in my case, maybe shop?!

    Peter -I will definitely be with you all in New Orleans. I can't wait to see you. Your mom says you have a new hair look .......I like it!

    Kathleen - enjoy every day on your adventure because it will be over before you know it. Not that we don't want you back state side ASAP, but treasure this incredible opportunity.

    Love and hugs - Aunt Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Gina! I am enjoying but myself but I know I will be glad to be home for Easter, too! Love you!

    Hey Uncle D! Why have you stopped commenting!?!?

    ReplyDelete