Monday, February 21, 2011

It is cool to lie

Happy Birthday Brittany! I wish I could be there to celebrate double 2's!! Love you!!

Today was pretty much a normal school day. They were working with partners on persuasive writing and Danny and Alazer were together. The topic was "Is reading books better than watching TV?" They had to choose a side and pick a partner that agreed with them and write the paper together. Well Danny picked the side that said TV was better but Alazer didn't agree but they were the only two left so I told them they had to reason with one another and one of them would have to change their mind. I don't know how they worked it out but when I went back to check on them to make sure they were making progress, Alazer had this look of shock and disbelief on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Danny says it is cool to lie and I know that is the wrong thing to do" I had to hold in my smile and I turned to Danny and said, "Why do you think it is cool to tell lies?" He said, "Because I know that it is. That is what my dad told me." Alazer said, "No, Danny, you must never tell a lie. I have only told one lie and I knew it was wrong and I know I can never do that again!" haha It may not sound funny through writing but if you could see his expressions and hear his Ethiopian/Australian accent you would totally be LOLing!

After school today we had P.D. (professional development). It was a meeting about the interactive white board a.k.a SmartBoard. I have had a little lesson on how to work these at my first practicum at AEEC but this was so much more helpful! I have been doing most of my lessons on it anyway so I already knew a lot but the lady taught me so much more and I am so excited to try it out tomorrow with my lessons!

I hope that everyone back home is doing well! I miss you all so much and I love hearing from you. Please send me an email and let me know how everything is going back home. I also have a cell phone and texts are 30 cents each and I'm not sure how much the phone calls are but I would love to hear from any of you if you want me to call! I only have a few friend's phone numbers memorized so message me your number and I'll ring you (that's what they say over here instead of 'call you') Or I can give you my number and you can ring me! I got to talk to Grandpa and Grandma the other day and it was soo great to hear from them! I also got my Valentine's card from Daddy and it made me cry because it was so sweet! In the words of Gene Chizik after the Oregon game - "I love everybody!"

1 Peter 5:7

6 comments:

  1. Is Alazer Ethiopian? Kath, tell your friends they can call using rebtel or pennytalk. Rebtel if using a cell phone and pennytalk from landline. The weeks are starting to pass faster. 2 months from today and you will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathuhleen!!! So glad i got to talk to you tha otha day! Miss you so much! things are going good here, weather has been real nice which makes everything better! Loved my postcard! Pops is righ the weeks are flying by! Your class seems awesome I feel like Danny and I would be good friends! HAHA dont know how you kept a straight a face during that i would have cracked! ha!
    Muchos Love
    PB
    P.s. New Orleans this summer for lebanese convention be there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for the postcard! It was awesome. Hope everything is going well for you down under. Sounds like it is. Leila says "Hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy- yea, he is ethiopian and I think moved here just a couple years ago. He is the most precious thing ever! I keep forgetting to do that rebtell thing but now that I am thinking about it I will sign up now! Yea, 57 days!!

    Pete- so glad I got to talk to you too! I miss you brah!! NOLA better get ready cause the inventors of 'mean dog' and the 'everlasting car game' are comin to town!!

    Ryan - I think I sent y'all two so the other should be coming soon! Hey Leila!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen,
    Give me all of your contact information, even your address. I want to send you a postcard too :)

    Also, my number is 205.413.3453- i accept phone calls and texts! I can even call you if you give me the information.

    Love you!
    ~Leila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leila - I am emailing you right away to give you my info!

    ReplyDelete