Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Typical Tuesday

 Nothing too special happened today. I did get ActivInspire installed on my laptop so I can make my own Smartboard lessons at home and then save them to my flash drive to use at school the next day! It has been a little hard for me with this whole student teaching thing. In my past practicum I was able to have 2 or 3 hours a day in the class and know exactly what I was doing and have that entire time with the kids by myself. Now, I am teaching majority of the day (75% right now) but she is still in the classroom and still does the other 25% while I assist her or work on something else. Eventually I will get to the point where I need to teach the whole time and I think it will be a lot easier then because I can have my stuff planned and know that I will be able to do it without having to check with her about what she has planned. I get observed on Thursday so we will see how that goes! Please pray for me that I will have the patience that I need to work efficiently in the classroom with the other teacher until I can have it to myself. Also, I am still struggling with behavior management. I know this is something that every new teacher goes through but it is still frustrating to deal with.
We had Pilates again today and it was much needed. I don’t know what it is about Tuesdays but they seem to be more stressful than the other days for me. Pilates is something I look forward to and it helps me get through the day to know I can have an hour of exercise and relaxation at the same time. May be hard to believe but I think I am becoming even more ‘hippy’ since I have been here. Y’all may not even recognize me by the time I get home. J jk
Glad to hear most of you have received your postcards. I will be writing more this weekend so I guess you will get those in about another week and half or so! Don’t really have too much planned this weekend but next weekend I will be in Bali for the long weekend! It is Labour Day here on 7th of March and I have booked a trip with Catie and Catherine to go to Bali for the 3 day weekend! After that I will be at the half way mark and then I can see all of your beautiful faces!! Oh and Happy President’s Day yesterday!! Last year at this time I had tons of notes and text messages from my pandas and other sorority presidents wishing me a happy pres day and this year I completely missed it! Oh well, Katie D if you are reading this – hope you had a great President’s Day!  Alpha Love!
John 16:24

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen! I have been thinking about you so much and am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was so worried about the New Zealand earthquake (which is heart breaking) until I looked up how far that really is from Perth. I learned lots of good things in 12 years of Catholic school but missed geography! I am glad you are far away and safe. The world seems scarier than usual these days - Libya is on the brink of something, those poor people murdered by the Somali pirates, earthquakes, blizzards.... there are lots of people to pray for these day.

    Things are good here. The weather is gorgeous. I can hardly believe it will be March next week. The year is flying by - which I am glad because it brings you back sooner, but which makes me kind of sad, too. I could take things going a little slower but that happens the older you get. You won't understand that for a long time.

    I talked to your mom this morning. She sounded good but misses you like crazy.

    What else can I tell you.......Oh, have you seen any movies since you arrived in Perth? I am on a campaign to get everyone I know to see "The King's Speech". It is incredible. Not only is Colin Firth a cutie (which is surely is) but he is fantastic in the film. If you get the chance to see it, you should.

    Sunday I went to Newnan to see my mom and we went shopping in Peachtree City - which is a nice little town about 30 minutes south of Atlanta. Someone told us about a new Lebanese restaurant there. We found it and had lunch. It was really good - even my mom liked it and she is pretty particular about food she makes so well. We met the owner, too - "ya deenie" he was precious. Mom said there are lots of Lebanese people in Australia. Have you met any? There are quite a few Maronite churches in the country but I didn't see any in Perth.

    Ok, sweet Kathleen, I better run. Take good care of yourself and know you are loved and missed!

    Aunt Gina xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I bet Uncle Danny will say something about the length of my post. Sorry - I am probably guilty of bad blog etiquette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so funny about yourself being a "hippie" trust me just because your Auburn friends think you're a hippie doesn't mean you really are. Want to see a real hippie? Go back to the 60s-70s other than that most of the "leftovers" are in Portland, OR and you are NOT like any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Gina! I love reading the long comments! I haven't seen any new movies yet but I have watched quite a bit. Tracy goes to the video store every week and gets about 6 movies so we watch one just about every night after dinner. They don't have many channels here so it is good to watch the movies. I have heard great things about the Kings Speech but I havent seen it yet. Ill have to go soon. They have lots of drive in movie places here so Ill look into that and hopefully see it soon! Back home I think it is really cool to be lebanese and all of my friends are jealous of me for it (or atleast I think they are)but here it is not such a big deal. I havent met any Lebs and I haven't seen any Maronite Churches but I am on the lookout. I think they have a small Lebanese community somewhere so I will do my research and hopefully meet some soon!

    Mom-to-be: I wish I could be a hard-core hippie, but you are right, I'm more of a watered-down type of hippie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you like things like showers and clean hair to be much of a hippie. And that is one of the millions of things I love about you!

    ReplyDelete