Friday, February 18, 2011

Giving you the eyes

Remember when I told you the kids were learning Surfin in the USA during music class? Well they were learning it so they could sing it at the school assembly today and guess who it was dedicated to?! ME! They have an assembly every two weeks and a different class takes it to lead it with their own song and dance. Since it is the beginning of the year it was a general assembly and the head boy and head girl (from year 7 aka seniors of the school) led the assembly and as they were inviting the music teacher to the front to lead the school in singing the song they said, “we have chosen this song in honor of our very special new student teacher, Miss Boehme, who is from Alabama in America” I almost started crying because it was the nicest thing! I am so blessed to be at this school because the faculty and staff are such wonderful leaders and wonderful people! After the assembly, Alazer said, “so that was for you” and I said, “yea, that made me feel so special, did you know about that being for me?” and he said “yea, I mean I just thought about it like the song is about USA and then I thought oh Miss Boehme is from America so I just thought it would be for you” haha it was so sweet! But before we got to the assembly, as we were walking over, Owain and Alazer were walking by me and Owain was telling me that sometimes Alazer will “give you the eyes” I turned to Alazer and said, “What does that mean?” He said, “well sometimes I just give the eyes to my brother and sister, except my sister says I can’t do it to her because she is the one who teached me the eyes” haha
Later today after lunch I saw James goofing around when he was supposed to be bringing in the sports equipment so I told him to hurry up and put that stuff away and he said, “but I am an old man” For about the next thirty minutes in the classroom he was doing everything so slow and pretending he was an old man. We were working on science and they were learning about magnets and they were supposed to be picking out things in the class that could be magnetic or not and I asked him if he tried to see if Mr. Double Head (his eraser) was magnetic and he said, “No he is sleeping today because he stayed up all night at a party last night”.
Tonight Catherine, Catie and I are going out to dinner and then we are planning to go to Mandurah for the day! Ill post more to let you know how the day goes!!
Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

  1. How special that they dedicated the song to you! :) I'm sure your class LOVED it! I thought about you when I was at school yesterday... we had a guy come and present a puppet show and he was from Australia!!! He was HILARIOUS!!!!! It made me think of all of the funny kids you have in your class. There must be some pretty funny people from Australia! The kids LOVED it so much! It was great! Hope all is well and that you are having a great weekend! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! It reminds me when we were in our first practicum and they had that story teller in the lunch room/gym. I think I enjoyed watching that guy more than the kids did!! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete