Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saturday and Sunday

Yesterday the trains were down so they could redo some of the tracks. The good thing is we didn’t have to pay for the buses, they bad thing was the buses were packed with people and it took forever to get anywhere. But finally, we made it to Mullaloo Beach and it was beautiful! Catie, Catherine and I met Erin there and I got a little sunburned. They don’t have shells on the beaches here, which is a bit strange but yesterday there was heaps of seaweed! The water was pretty clear except in certain spots that had lots of seaweed it was all dark. Anyway, we stayed on the beach for most of the day and it was a much needed time of relaxation. I got a drumstick ice cream cone that had a hug kit kat in the middle of it! It was beautiful! (They usually say food is gorgeous or beautiful to describe how delicious it is) Erin’s host mum picked us up from the beach because she was out running errands. She took us to Joondalup where we got some snacks and water bottles and then hopped on the bus to go home.  Catie came over after dinner and we watched a movie. It was called Obsessed and it was pretty good. Beyoncé is in it so I knew I would like it since she is pretty much my idol, next to Jennifer Anniston. All you girls who have Hastings cards should rent it sometime and think of me when you watch it!
Today Brittni and Ash (her husband) picked me up for church. We went to the service and then had a cuppa afterwards in the church kitchen. A cuppa is a cup of tea or coffee and Aussie’s have one just about any time of the day! I have had the tea and I really like it (they put milk and sugar in it) but I haven’t had any of the coffee yet. I am not much of a coffee person but I think I will have to start trying it since that is the way of life over here! Also, I tried vegemite today! I actually kind of liked it! It was a bit salty so that was kind of weird but it wasn’t really that bad. I ate a half a piece of toast with it. I had that over at Brooke and Jethro’s house after church. Brittni and I went over there for lunch after church because Brooke was having a card making party. It was pretty cool actually, it was like a Mary Kay party or a Tupperware party or something but it was for cards and wrapping paper. So this lady came over with all her card set up stuff and we browsed around to see if we wanted to buy anything. I bought two cards and they are pretty cute. I really enjoyed my time over there because they are such nice people and good company to have. I am so thankful that I have met them and I feel like I will be hanging out with them a lot. Brittni invited me over for dinner on Wednesday night and then the bible study after that. They call the bible study SPLAT It is an acronym for something and I think it is Say, Pray, Listen and Talk but for some reason I don’t think that is right because they wouldn’t need to say and talk so Ill figure out what the S means on Wednesday. Anyway, I had a great time with those people and I hope to continue getting to know all of them. I know I have said this many times, but I am thankful that I have met them and that I will be able to continue growing in my relationship with the Lord while I am here. I have realized and learned so much since I have been here and I am so thankful that I can rely on Him!
Please keep Tracy in your prayers. She took Monique snorkeling yesterday and hit her toe on a rock. It is pretty bruised and may be broken. She has been keeping it propped up and taking lots of pain medicine. Also, last week Monique fractured her finger, so keep both of them in your prayers that they heal fast!
Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend Kath! Next weekend should really be a blast! Springtime is finally here, I hope, to stay.

    I hope you can bring some Vegemite back with you. I'm interested in trying it. I read that it is a by product from brewing beer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mullaloo is named after an Aboriginal word, believed to mean "place of the rat kangaroo". It was first recorded in 1919 as Moolalloo Point, but the spelling was later changed to Mullaloo.

    Rat Kangaroo??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am for sure bringing some back! And TimTams! They are the best cookies ever created! I will bring back heaps of those to share with everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEeeey Kathleeeeen! Sorry I haven't Posted in a while. I think of you often and pray for you more. Last week was just kind of crazy here. The weather was nicer so that meant many people were buzzing about and my three kids were in the mix. Plus with Lent just a week away I have been super busy at the store in preparation for that. ASHES, PALMS, CANDLES and More are all needed for the Big Day.

    If you would Like I could get the kids to bring Palm branches to the Airport and Wave them as you exit the plane. Then people will know how special you are. We could even get Harvey Updyke to be there so that you can show up with an ASS.

    Hope you have a great week. Love you bunches

    Undle D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the palm welcoming idea Uncle D....I especially love the thought of Leah, Evelyn and Anthony waving them (bowing with them)

    Kathleen...Beyonce and Jenn??? I think you should rethink your idols....just sayin'

    Save some Vegemite for me (looks and sounds like bacon jam), also, bring back some lollies :)

    ReplyDelete