Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The dingo ate your baby!

This morning we always have morning news before the day gets started with school work. The kids have a chance to come to the front and tell the class some news in their life. After they are done the students ask questions which is a good way for us to see that they are listening to the speaker. Harry was telling everyone how he went to the Reptile center and zoo or some type of animal place (I obviously wasn't listening too well) but anyway, he was telling us the animals that he saw and he mentioned that he saw a dingo. I have heard of a dingo but didn't really know what it was and the kids love it when I ask them about Australian stuff because they love to teach the teacher something! So I told him that I didn't know what a dingo was and asked me to tell me. Naturally, all the kids starting shouting out to tell me what it was but finally after I calmed them down and got Harry to tell me he said, "it is a dog but it is wild and they can eat children". I have done a little research on dingos and they look sort of like a fox and there are reports that they have eaten children before! Other than that, the day was pretty boring and busy! I thought that since they had Indonesian and Computer that it would be an easy day but it was more busy than ever! The work is never ending and the kids sure do keep you on your toes! I think it will be better when I have my own classroom but today I was thinking I may like it better as a teacher's aid!

After school, we had pilates and it was wonderful! I needed it because today was pretty stressful so it felt good to have that workout straight away! The instructor is a cute little Asian woman that is full of energy and hilarious! There were about 10 teachers there today and we had the session in the under covered area outside so even though it was hot we had a nice breeze come through and we were in the shade.

I need to give a shout out to my wonderful friend, Lauren, because she sent me two hilarious videos and I want to share them all with you! Pretty much everyone knows that I am always watching YouTube videos and since I have been here I haven't been able to see too many so it was great to see these two! Thanks, La!

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2011/02/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

Hope you enjoy those! Hugs and kisses to all!
P.S. hey family - if anyone can email me pics from Andrew's wedding I would love to see some! Thanks!

Ephesians 3:20-21

4 comments:

  1. I think you will like it best as a teacher...just make sure you have a fantastic teacher's aid like you!
    Love you!
    Aunt Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEEEEY KATHLLEEEEEN Shout out reminded me of when Anthony was smaller and we were in Greenville for Easter. The Easter bunny came and brought their baskets.
    That morning we were awaken by Anthony hollering Wasssuuupp! at his basket. When I asked him what he was doing he said he was giving a shout out to all his Peeps. Inside the Basket were 6 yellow marshmallow Peeps.

    So Here is my shout out!!

    Love you Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kath, sorry for the long time no talk. been really busy. Took Austin to Birmingham for the weekend we had a great time! the wedding was fun plenty good food. Emily's family had accents which was cool made me think of you. Youre seriously the funniest person i know and i love danny! haha im glad youre having a great! I love you Kathleen! A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Cyndie - I think so too but being a teachers aid seems so much easier!

    Uncle Danny -- That is hilarious!! The other day I went to Monique's net ball game and I thought of you because she has a little girl on her team that makes a face whenever she catches or throws the ball and I think you know what I am talking about :0 (pretend those eyes are closed!) haha you know what im talkin bout?!

    Hey Pete - no worries, let's skype soon! Sounds like the wedding was fun! I was going to call you on Sunday night but I ran out of money on my phone and was so bummed! If you ever want to call me please do! I miss your voice! Love you!

    ReplyDelete