Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kangaroos!

Today I got observed and I received great reports! I was so nervous about it and I even had a nightmare that it went terribly wrong but thankfully, it was great and he had wonderful things to say about my classroom presence and confidence in leading the students. Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words! He will be coming again during week 6 for the midterm report and by that time I will probably be leading the entire school day. This morning I explained to my kids that my teacher from Uni (they do not call it college here, it is university or uni) was coming at 11 to observe me to make sure that I am doing a good job teaching. They were like, what do you mean he is coming to watch you? So I said well he is going to come watch me to see how I do with teaching and he will let me know if he thinks I can be a teacher or not because when I go back to America I’ll be graduating and then getting a job as a teacher. Jakob said, “Wait, you mean you’re going to America for a little bit and then coming back here, right?” I said that I didn’t think that would happen, I would probably stay in the states and they all said, “Aww, we want you to come back here!” It was so sweet! But anyway, after the lesson the siren went off for lunch so the kids went outside and I stayed to talk with him. After we talked I was walking outside to go to the staff room and some of my students were waiting outside the door to see what he said. This one girl, Taylor, so sweet and always draws me pictures and tells me she likes my outfits and I love her cause she is always complimenting me, she came up to me and said, “Miss Boehme! What did he say? Did you get the job?! Are you going to be a teacher?! Haha I was already all smiles because my supervisor was so encouraging and positive and then when Taylor said that I was laughing and said, “Yea, he said it was good! But I wasn’t applying for a job or anything, but yea, he said I did good” She gave me the biggest cuddle (they say that instead of hug) and said, “Yay! I'm so happy for you!” It was the sweetest thing and I am so thankful because Tuesday was so stressful for me and I was really worried about today. Now, it is over and I feel much more confident about my ability to lead in the classroom. And tomorrow is Friday so that will be easy peasy!!
This evening when I got home from school, John (the COST supervisor and the professor who observed me today) picked up Catherine, Catie and I to go to the park to see some kangaroos! Catie got observed yesterday John gave her a ride home from school and she mentioned to him that we haven’t seen any kangaroos yet so he took us to the park today! You know how a group of lions is a pride, a group of fish is a school, birds are a flock, etc…Kangaroos are a mob and we sure did see heaps of them! The park was beautiful and actually it was a cemetery but it’s nothing like ours. They said people sometimes get married there because it is so beautiful! The kangaroos live there and there were hundreds! I took lots of pictures and hopefully will get to post them this weekend! They are kind of an awkward animal because their feet are HUGE and their arms and hands are so tiny. And the tails are pretty big, too. I saw a little joey inside the mum’s pouch too!
This weekend is going to be pretty relaxed and I think we’ll just do stuff around here and hopefully go to the beach or something. Tomorrow night I will be going to a Greenwood Primary Staff BBQ with the other teachers at the year 6/7 teacher’s house. It should be fun to hang out with them! One of the teacher’s boyfriend is from Tennessee and every time I see her she tells me I will have lots to talk about with him at the BBQ! I am excited to hear an American accent!  
Ephesians 3:16-19

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your observation went well!!! I was thinking about you! Can't wait to see the pictures of the kangaroos! Hope you have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeey kathleeeen! I still Can't Get that to Sound Australian. Anyway I knew that you would do great during your OBSVN. I know those children will always remember you.

    Is there anything that you are missing from here that you cannot get there? HOpe you have a great weekend. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would kick that observation in the tee-zee!! Your class seems awes-manows too!! I knew they would loe you! Have a great safe weekend! Miss you!
    Shalom!
    P.s. Aunt Gina will we see you in New Orleans for the convention?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess! I hope your student teaching is going well too!!

    Uncle Danny - I am really missing Chick-fil-A. Want to send me a number one with a dr. pepper?! And of course Lebanese food! They have it here but the hummous tastes different and the school canteen has a Lebanese melt that i can buy on Wednesdays and Fridays so I will have to try to that out soon. Other than that, everything is pretty good. The garlic bread that Tracy gets is the best I have ever had and they have these cookies called TimTamss that are the bomb!

    Pete - thanks broh! I love you too! Call me soon if you can! 4-5pm your time is good anyday!

    ReplyDelete