Thursday, April 7, 2011

RAIN!

It finally rained in Perth! Today it was 23 degrees which is close to 76 in our language. All of the students were wearing their jumpers (jacket/sweatshirt/sweater) and saying how cold it felt outside! I said I thought it felt wonderful and this is normal weather for our Spring time! The rain was much needed here and I am glad it finally came. It was really strange though, because it would rain really hard for about 4 or 5 minutes and then stop completely and the sun would come out. A few hours later, it would happen again. Also this was the first day that we actually turned on the classroom lights. The sun is so bright here that the school has like sunlight windows in the ceiling and the windows on the wall bring in a lot of light as well. With the rain and cloudy skies today I actually had to use the real lights for the first time in ten weeks. I think I have been here at the perfect time because I got to enjoy the nice warm weather and now that it is getting cooler and getting to be winter time, I am coming home to another Summer! I plan on going to the Cedars Club every day so AB, Olivia, Leah, Evelyn, Anthony, and anyone I'm forgetting -- come to the pool with me if you want!

Last night at bible study there was another couple that came for dinner, Matt and Abbie and their little 18 month old, Josiah aka Jessie. They were teaching him to say 'ta' which I later found out is short for Thanks which we all know is short for Thank you. I think it is so funny that everyone here shortens everything and uses abbrevs more than anyone I know! I love it! One of the main grocery stores is called Woolworth's but everyone calls it Wooly's. Now that I am trying to think of more abbreviations I cant seem to remember any. Ill think of them later.

Yesterday I got a letter and a traveling Aubie from my sweet friend, Mollie! I took him to the class today and it is just a small cutout of Aubie and I was explaining to the kids about the traditions at Auburn and what a wonderful place it is. I was telling them that this was just a picture of Aubie but really he is tall and Danny says, "Oh you mean he is massive like you?" I looked at Connie and she busted out laughing and then I looked back at Danny and said, "Are you calling me massive?" The kids starting laughing and he was like "no Miss Boehme I just mean like an adult like you." ha it was pretty funny. They do use the word massive heaps more than we would. I taught them how to say "War Eagle Aubie!" and then they all started saying the main cheer here: "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, OY! OY! OY!" They really do say Oy! a lot especially the teachers to get the children's attention if we are outside or if they are mucking around too much.

Tomorrow is Friday and I don't quite know the plans for this weekend but I'm sure it will be fun whatever we decide to do! Hope all of you have a great weekend and if you want to Skye, please send me an email so we can work out a good time!

Shout out to two good friends JESSICA STRICKLAND and RAGAN COX! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND MANY MORE B'DAYS TO COME!

Jeremiah 24

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Thank you SO much for the birthday shout out on the blog! I feel so honored! I loved your skype chat messages this morning!!! Thank you so much! Can't wait til you are home!!! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kath! Sorry I have not been good at commenting lately! Have been tied up with remodeling upstairs, new tennis leagues started outdoors, and I had another eye issue...on my good eye! Had 2 tears on my retina so had to have laser surgery on it. Hope that's all.
    We are getting ready to go to Atlanta for the night. Carly is heading to AU for rodeo (war eagle!) Cody is going to UGA to see friends (again, war eagle!) and Mom and Tom and your dad are going to see Peter's spring game (lucky!)
    Hope you have some more big adventures this weekend. Love the pics of you and the wild things! You are def on the downhill slide now. I can't believe how fast it has gone by (from my perspective!)
    Love you!
    Aunt Cyndie
    P.S. Josh's patient is in the top 9 on american Idol and our guy Paul (from Auburn) is in it too! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete