Friday, April 8, 2011

BBQ

Today at school we had an assembly and they had a card for me and asked me to come to the front to accept it. It was the nicest thing ever because the whole school was there plus parents and whoever else. I wasnt expecting it and kinda didnt know what to do so I just sat back down and then I realized I probably should have said thank you or something. I asked the deputy if I could say a few words so he called me back up before it was over. I dont even really remember what I said now but everyone said it sounded good! The card was signed by the entire school! I think there are close to 300 students and Sandra, the year 6/7 teacher told me that it was the kids idea so she helped them organize it! So thoughtful!

Tonight we went to Tracy's friend's house for a BBQ. They have lived in Australia for 15 years and are Scottish. I had to concentrate really hard when they were speaking to me because their accent was so think! The dad kept calling Catie "Cay-ee". He is really into football (aussie rules and grid iron aka american football) and he had recorded the super bowl so we got to watch some of that! This year it played here normal time but since it was Sunday night for y'all it was Monday morning for us and I was at school and couldnt watch it. Anyway, we watched an AFL game on TV and had some sausages on the barbie. They also had my favorite cheese! I dont know the name of it but it is to die for! As they say here, "it is the most beautiful and gorgeous cheese ever!" They always describe food as being lovely, beautiful, nice, gorgeous, etc. We also played pool except he pronounced it as pewl. Pretty good night all in all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Much Love!

Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment