Monday, April 11, 2011

AOII my AOII

Every week I get the AOII announcements through email. The past two years I never read a single announcement email because I already knew everything that was going on in the chapter because of Leader’s Council meetings and all that. So this semester I have been reading them diligently, even though I cannot partake in any of the events, I still like to know what is going on. That organization has been a huge part of my college career and I love those girls so much. This past weekend at the zoo I saw a red panda which was the coolest thing because our color is Cardinal (red) and our mascot is the Panda! The red panda doesn’t really look like the pandas we know and love from China but I thought it was still pretty cool! Anyway, in today’s announcements they were giving the dates for all the senior information as we get ready for graduation. One of the main things I was sad to miss out on was going to be my senior formal, senior chapter, and senior dinner. My pledge class has been through a lot together and I was really bummed when I thought I wasn’t going to be able to attend any of those things. Well, I think you can tell where I am going with this. It just so happens that I can now make it back for all of those things! The chapter voted on which day they wanted to have formal and they voted to have it on Good Friday in Birmingham! I have to check with the advisors to make sure it will be okay for me to make an appearance but I just want to stop by to say hello to all my “sista girls” while they are all cuttin’ a rug down at the dance! And then I will go to Auburn that next Wednesday for the senior chapter so I can give my senior speech and listen to all my BFF’s give their speeches as well! Then Thursday night we are going to Provino’s for a fancy dinner and then some of us will be going to Opelika for the Drew Holcomb concert!! I am so excited about that because he was in Montgomery around November and I really wanted to go but it didn’t really work out so I am super pumped that he has back and the tickets were only $10! He is an incredible Christian artist and I am very excited to see him live. One of my favorite quotes ever comes from his song “Live Forever” He says, “Take courage when the road is long/Don’t ever forget that you’re never alone.” He is pretty much awesome and sings with his wife, Ellie. So yea, I am pretty excited about that week because then I will head back to Birmingham on Friday for the St Elias Food and Cultural Festival!! Zalybeh and kibbie sandwiches better be ready for me!! Woohoo!!
Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment