Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hot and Bothered

Today there were heaps of funny things that happened! I left my agenda book at school and I'm kinda bummed cause I wrote most of it down so I could remember to write it tonight but anyway ill try to remember most of it. This morning Liv told me that I was in her dream last night. She said that her, her mom and I were all in America and people kept on breaking glass bottles on her head and that was her dream. After recess I told Layla to go into the class room and she said she was “too hot and bothered.” Ah, now I can’t really think of the other funny stuff but I know today was pretty hilarious. They say ‘dodgy’ instead of sketchy and they use the word massive a lot! Like we would probably say huge and they say massive all the time.  Today in Pilates we listened to some of the songs from the movie Country Strong. This past Christmas break me and some of my HS friends got like VIP tickets through Kristen’s work and got to see the movie for free and I also got lots of free things including a Coca Cola shirt! I know that is pretty random but when my memory is triggered, I start remembering heaps of stuff! Yesterday I was giving a lesson on maps and how to read them and I decided to use Google maps to show the kids my house back home. They were so fascinated! I almost teared up in the lesson because I miss my home! The pic on Google maps shows the jeep wrangler parked in the front yard and the boys thought it was really cool, especially Danny and Jakob.
Today is Tracy’s birthday and we went to her Auntie Glen and Uncles Erik’s house for a birthday dinner. We had potatoes, salad, and veal that was delicious! For dessert we had pavlova  (sp?) which is one of my new favorite desserts – besides TimTams of course! There were about 11 of us in all and it was a lot of fun. Makes me excited to come home for Easter weekend and be with my family. Miss y’all so much! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving family!
Down to the sweet 16 now! I am starting to get sad that my days here are coming to an end. It has been an awesome experience and I hope to come back very soon! I have made some really good friends and will miss them so much! Hopefully they will come to the states and visit me in sweet home Alabama!
Isaiah 30:15

No comments:

Post a Comment