Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Here!

Hello Everyone!! I am so happy to finally have Internet up and running so that I can keep in contact with all of you! We are still trying to figure out the whole skype thing but hopefully I will be able to have many skype dates with y'all soon! I miss everyone so very much and I can't wait to see all of you when I come home on Easter weekend. Maybe I will see all of my pandas at the Alabama Theatre on Good Friday?!?!

Anyway, everything has been so great here so far. I have gotten homesick a little bit but now that I have been able to check my email and facebook, I feel a lot better. Tomorrow is my first day at school. It will be the start of a new school year here so I finally get to see what teachers do on the first day! I know my Cohort C girls are going to be jealous of that because we have no idea what to expect! But no worries, I will take good notes and let all of you know what we need to do with our own classrooms. I will be teaching year 3/4 split class with about 25-30 students I think. I went by the school on Friday and met with the principal. He gave me a tour and the campus is beautiful! I say campus because there are about 6 blocks (small buildings) that each of the classes are split up into. I will have to take some pictures to give y'all a better idea of what I am talking about. I'm sure I will have lots more to say about my school in later posts.

The weather is boiling hot! We had a cyclone (hurricane) last night which cooled us down for a bit with the rain but not too much. I have a nice fan at the foot of my bed that keeps me cool all night. I got to go for a swim today in the Indian Ocean! The weather was beautiful and it was nice being out and about. I went with my new friends Catie and Catherine (both from Bama) Collin (from Easter Illinois) and Erin (from Ohio) and my host sister, Monique.

I still have lots more to tell but we have limited amount of Internet and I don't want to hog it all. I will post something again tomorrow! Love to everyone! If you want to call me I do have a cell phone over here. I'm not sure how much it will cost you but I would love to hear from any of you if you want to text me or call me. The number is 0011 61 8 435 104 926. Daddy, maybe you can comment to make sure that is correct? I think it is but I'm not entirely sure. Also, send me emails!! I can use email and this more than facebook so I prob won't get to post as many pics as I wanted but we'll see.

Please let me know how things are going in the states, I love all of you and hope to hear from you soon. Thanks to all of you who have already reached out to me! I feel blessed to have all of you in my life!

5 comments:

  1. Kathleen - How long are you going to be in Austraila? That's awesome that you are able to travel and learn wonderful, new experiences! I will have to show this to Morgan and Grant. I know they will be jealous, but excited for you!! We miss ya'll!!
    Love, Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen! I loved reading your post as a study break! I am so glad you are already having a great time. I am so jealous that it is so warm there. It actually got up to 70 here the other day but I am sure it is going to get cold again and I will be really sad when it does. haha Can't wait to here more about Perth! Love you so much!! xoxo, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kath!! I think the number is 011 61 435 104 926 and also Perth is 14 hours ahead of CST. Good luck on your first day of school. They will think you talk funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to call you today, I thought you were 16 hours ahead, but, your dad says 14. Anyway I changed my mind b/c of the time ( you were sleeping) and that my charge is $3.80 a minute, also I don't know if your phone charges you time, (Lebanon does on cell phones)Glad you made it safe, Cyclone huh, were you afraid? I'm looking forward to hearing about your first day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi -- Ill be here for a total of 12 weeks! I have already booked my flight home to be in the states for Easter weekend. Ill fly out on the 21st of April. Kisses to Morgan and Grant!

    Leah -- I miss you so much too! Glad we got to spend so much time together over the break but now I wish you could be here with me! Hope school is going well for you! Dont study too much, its your last semester ever!!

    Daddy -- thanks for the info I forgot to include the fact that I am more than 1/2 a day in the future!!

    Aunt Judy -- Ill have to give you a call sometime because I have a calling card that wont charge you when I call! It's about 8:45 at night right now so that makes it early in the morning for you. I think Mama said you get up early so Ill try to call tonight or tomorrow! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete