Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Is this real life?

Hello all! I have been talking about this for quite some time but I have finally decided to go ahead and make my blog. I hope that this will be an easy way for everyone to keep up with me while I am in Perth, Australia! I was a little hesitant about making this because I don't feel like it is very personal, I would rather be able to email, write letters via snail mail, or skype but I guess this is a pretty efficient way to get the job done and I am all about efficiency! However, if you want to communicate with me through email or skype I would like that very much! 

It took me a while to figure out the title of my blog but I think it fits well with the purpose of having it. I have taken a recent liking to using idioms as much as I can and according to idiomsite.com "Variety is the Spice of Life means The more experiences you try the more exciting life can be". I have had some pretty cool experiences in my life already and I plan on having lots more! I hope all of you will try as many new things as you can especially if you are close to my age because, I mean, it's college, right?!

In case I haven't gotten a chance to tell you what my plan is, here you go:
Currently, I have moved back home and I am completing my first two weeks of student teaching at Vestavia Elementary West in Mrs. Hicks' 3rd grade classroom. Today was my first day and it was great! We have lots of connections because she knows lots of Lebanese people, and well, in case you don't know, I am Lebanese. Anyway, I will be there until January 14 and then I will take a few days to relax at home and spend time with the fam. Then I will head to Auburn for the ARI training which is held Jan 18-20. I plan on staying through the weekend to spend as much time with the Frumps, Cohort C, my sweet Pandas, 09 CC's, Breakfast Club gang, Cam Newton and the team and anyone else that I am forgetting. If you go to AU and are reading this you best make plans to see me while I am there! After I say my goodbyes to the AU fam, I will make the trek back to Birmingham to say goodbye to family and friends that are here and then I will head out on Tuesday the 25th! I will fly to Dallas then LA then Brisbane then Perth! Hopefully, I'll do lots of traveling on the weekends and see as much as I can while I am there! When I return to the states on April 21 I will pretty much just be getting ready to graduate and try to figure out what to do after I get my diploma on May 9th!

I can't make any promises, but I will try my best to keep this as updated as possible! Leave me comments so I know what's going on with all of you, too!

Shalom

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Kathleen, this is awesome! I'm so excited that you're getting to have this experience - enjoy every minute! My little girl goes to Vestavia West, and she's in Mrs. Jost's Kindergarten class (Mrs. Jost is also Lebanese!). It's a small world (although, now that you're in Australia, I'm sure it's probably much bigger than its ever been!). Best of luck, and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle! I didnt get to meet Mrs Jost while I was there but I heard a lot about her! I am friends with her youngest daughter, Ginny -- we were in the same bible study at Auburn a couple years ago! Very sweet girl! Anyway, I plan to go back to VHEW after Easter and I will hope to meet her then! See you at the food festival this year I hope!

    ReplyDelete